Today is the perfect day to plan a wardrobe sort out.
Go straight to your wardrobe – do you like the way it is?
Time to act.
Having a long weekend ahead and a nip in the air, summer clothes can be put at the back and you can discover your winter clothing wonderland (or lack of in my case).
- Roughly count the number of clothes hangers you have – lets say 100.
- Mark time in your diary, soon, for say 4 hours. This is when the big life changing wardrobe cleanout is going to happen.
- Ask a friend to come and help. So many decisions to be made – thinking a close friend that you can have fun with – someone that knows you well and has the same style as you. Thinking of Sex in the City movie – Carrie’s wardrobe, try on’s, laughter and champagne.
- Stock up on bottles – it’s thirsty work
- Buy some great clothes hangers – timber are lovely but do take up more space. IKEA black or white, and new fluro coloured plastic ones are pretty good in that they pack very flat and I like the idea of colours – then you can identify easily say pants, exercise gear, long sleeves and tops. Aim to get rid of all wire coat hangers and all non matching ones – you deserve new coat hangers. If you counted 100 in the beginning buy less than that – you need to be ruthless and reduce your clothes.
- Buy some large plastic bags.
- Buy / prepare a bag or box for a memory box, this is where your memory clothes are going to go.
Stage 2 soon so get to it …